Feline Registry Support
Breeders Assistant for Cats has a number of features intended to be useful to breeders associated with the following registries.
- CFA breeds including breed numbers
- CFA titles
- Auto-detection of gender and breed from CFA registration numbers
- Auto-fill of breed details by simply keying in CFA breed number
- GCCF breed number list (i.e. pre-EMS GCCF breed numbers)
- EMS codes
- GCCF titles
- GCCF show awards
- GCCF compliant mating certificates
- Auto-fill of breed details by simply keying in GCCF breed number or EMS code
- TICA breeds including TICA category and division fields
- TICA titles
- Auto-detection of date of birth from TICA registration numbers
Other FIFe affiliated registries
- FIFe breeds including EMS codes
- FIFe titles
- FIFe show awards
- Auto-fill of breed details by simply keying in EMS code
With the Professional Edition, Breeders Assistant for Cats includes comprehensive coverage of feline genetics:
- It understands the inheritance and color phenotypes for most of the understood breed/color genes:
Longhair, Devon Rex, Cornish Rex, Oregon Rex, Selkirk Rex, Wirehair, Agouti, Mackerel/Blotched Tabby, Ticked Tabby, Spotted Tabby, Albino, Chocolate, Blue Dilution, Dilute Blue Modifier, Inhibitor of Melanin, Rufous,
Wideband, Red, White Spotting, Dominant White, Manx, Manx Tail Length, Curled Ears, Japanese Bobtail, Folded Ears, Glitter(Bengal).
- It is supplied with genetic configurations for over thirty breeds:
Abyssinian, American Curl, American Shorthair, American Wirehair, Angora, Balinese and Javanese, Bengal, Birman, Bombay and Asian, British Shorthair, Burmese, Burmilla, Colourpoint, Cornish Rex, Devon Rex, Egyptian Mau, Foreign White,
Havana Brown, Japanese Bobtail, Maine Coon, Manx and Cymric, Norwegian Forest Cat, Oriental Longhair, Oriental Shorthair, Persian, Ragdoll, Scottish Fold, Selkirk Rex, Siamese, Siberian, Singapura, Somali, Sphynx, Tiffanie, Tonkinese and Turkish Van.
In addition we also supply a generic configuration that includes all color and disease genes listed on this page and can be used for other breeds not specifically covered above.
- It understands the inheritance of over thirty congenital diseases/defects for which the mode of inheritance is known, including:
Aortic Stenosis, Blood Group, Centralised PRA, Chediak-Higashi Syndrome, Cleft Lip/Palate, Cutaneous Asthenia, Episodic Weakness, Flat-Chested Kitten Syndrome, Four-Ears, Gangliosidosis GM1, Gangliosidosis GM2, Generalised PRA, Globoid Cell Leukodystrophy,
Haemophilia A, Haemophilia B, Hageman Factor, Hydrocephalous, Hyperchylomicronaemia, Hyperoxaluria, Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, Hypochondroplastic Dwarfism, Hypothyroidism, Mannosidosis, Meningoencephalocele, Mucopolysaccharidosis 1, Mucopolysaccharidosis 6,
Neuroaxonal Dystrophy, Patella Luxation, Pelger-Huet Anomaly, Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD), Polydactyly, Porphyria, Sparse-Fur, Spasticity, Spheroid Lysosomal Disease, Sphingomyelinosis, Split-Foot and Tremor.
The genetic configurations for the different breeds are built into the product, and are normally fixed.
However, it is possible to purchase a separate 'user modifiable' form of genetic configuration that is supplied as a text file, which defines the genes, alleles, and rules governing their interactions (e.g., which genotypes give rise to particular phenotypes such as coat colors).
For further details of this please contact the Customer Service Help Desk.
See Advanced Genetics.
Breeders Assistant® is a product of Tenset Technologies Ltd, © 1996-2016 All Rights Reserved. Breeders Assistant is a registered trademark of Tenset Technologies Ltd in the United Kingdom. v5.21, October 2016