Canine Registry Support
Breeders Assistant for Dogs has a number of features intended to be useful to breeders associated with the following registries.
- AKC breed names
- AKC titles
|UK Kennel Club
- UK KC breed names
- UK KC titles
- UK KC show awards
|FCI affiliated registries
- FCI breed names including FCI breed groups and numbers
- Auto-fill of breed details by simply keying in breed number
With the Professional Edition, Breeders Assistant for Dogs includes comprehensive coverage of canine genetics:
- It understands the inheritance and color phenotypes for most of the understood breed/color genes: Agouti Coloration, Albino, Blue Dilution, Chocolate, Color Intensity, Dominant Black/Brindle, Dominant White, Extension, Flecked, Grey Merle Dilute, Greying, Harlequin, Harlequin Tweed, Merle, Roan, Rufous, Super Extension, Ticked and White Spotting.
- It is supplied with genetic configurations for over thirty breeds: Afghan Hound, Akita, American Cocker Spaniel, Australian Shepherd, Basenji, Beagle, Border Collie, Boxer, Brittany, Bulldog, Chihuahua, Collie, Corgi, Dachshund, Dalmatian, Dobermann, Elkhound, English Cocker Spaniel, English Setter, English Springer Spaniel, Field Spaniel, Fox Terrier, Foxhound, French Bulldog, German Shepherd, Golden Retriever, Gordon Setter, Great Dane, Greyhound, Irish Setter, Irish Wolfhound, King Charles Spaniel, Labrador Retriever, Newfoundland, Old English Sheepdog, Papillon, Pekingese, Pointer, Pomeranian, Poodle, Pug, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Rottweiler, Schnauzer, Scottish Terrier, Shetland Sheepdog, Weimaraner, West Highland White Terrier, Whippet, White Shepherd and Yorkshire Terrier. In addition we also supply a generic configuration that includes all color and disease genes listed on this page and can be used for other breeds not specifically covered above.
- It understands the inheritance of over thirty congenital diseases/defects for which the mode of inheritance is known, including: Acral Mutilation Syndrome, Aortic Stenosis, Black Hair Follicular Dysplasia, C. Leucocyte Adhesion Deficiency, Canine Cyclic Neutropenia, Centralised PRA, Cerebellar Abiotrophy, Cerebellar Ataxia, Cerebellar Hypoplasia, Ceroid Lipofuscinosis, Chronic Hepatitis, Cleft Lip/Palate, Collie Eye Anomaly, Complement Deficiency, Copper-Associated Hepatitis, Cutaneous Asthenia, Dalmatian Bronzing Syndrome, Dancing Dobermann Disease, Dermatomyositis, Distal Sensor. Polyneuropathy, Dominant Megaoesophagus, Epidermal Dysplasia, Epidermolysis Bullosa, Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency, Factor X Deficiency, Focal Spinal Musc. Atrophy, Fold Dermatitis, Follicular Dysplasia, Fucosidosis, Gangliosidosis GM1, Gangliosidosis GM2 Type B, Gangliosidosis GM2 Type O, Generalised PRA, German Shepherd Pyoderma, Giant Axonal Neuropathy, Globoid Cell Leukodystrophy, Glucocerebrosidosis, Glycogen Storage Dis. Type 3, Haemophilia A, Haemophilia B, Hemeralopia (Day Blindness), Hereditory Myopathy, Hypertrophic Neuropathy, Hypomyelinogenesis, Ichthyosis, Idiopathic Polyneuropathy, Juvenile Hyperparathyroidism, Laryngeal Paralysis, Lethal Acrodermatitis, Lymphedema, Microphthalmia, Motor Neuron Disease, Multi. Chrom. Neuronal Degen., Myasthenia Gravis, Myelodysplasia, Narrow Angle Glaucoma, Neuroaxonal Dystrophy, Nodular Dermatofibrosis, Open Angle Glaucoma, Patella Luxation, Pituitary Dwarfism, Prog. Spinal Musc. Atrophy, Progressive Axonopathy, Protein-Losing Enteropathy, Recessive Megaoesophagus, Retinal Dysplasia, Scotty Cramp, Sebaceous Adenitis, Seborrhea, Sensory Neuropathy, Severe Combined Immunodeficiency, Sphingomyelinosis, Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Tetralogy of Fallot, Ventricular Septal Defect, X-linked Hypomyelinogenesis and von Willebrands Disease.
The genetic configurations for the different breeds are built into the product, and are normally fixed. However, it is possible to purchase a separate 'user modifiable' form of genetic configuration that is supplied as a text file, which defines the genes, alleles, and rules governing their interactions (e.g., which genotypes give rise to particular phenotypes such as coat colors). For further details of this please contact the Customer Service Help Desk.
See Advanced Genetics.