We also have a separate specialist product, FSpeed, purely for computing inbreeding coefficients for a whole population, quickly.
Breeders Assistant's features for inbreeding and common ancestors include:
Configurable number of generations of ancestors - up to sixty.
Include COI (inbreeding coefficient) on pedigrees and trial mating pedigrees, both for the subject animal and each ancestor if you want.
Include RC (relationship coefficient) on trial mating pedigrees and mating certificates*.
Generate related information including:
The depth at which the furthest ancestor was found
How many generations of ancestors were full
Total number of ancestors found
Total number of unique ancestors
Total number of ancestors common to both sides of the pedigree
Produce an inbreeding analysis report for an animal, trial mating or mating - giving all the above details calculated with a range of ancestor depths. This can show you how the inbreeding increases as you descend the pedigree.
Tabulate all the COI calculation details given above directly in the main window. And not just for the animals themselves, but also for matings and trial matings. Other pedigree programs generally calculate COI for a single animal at a time. Not Breeders Assistant.
Compute the Rate of Inbreeding - the proportion of heterozygosity remaining per generation. E.g. consider an individual that has a coefficient of inbreeding of 12.5% when calculated to 8 generations. The amount of heterozygosity remaining is 100-12.5 = 87.5% after 8 generations. This is equivalent to a rate of inbreeding of 98.34471% per generation (because 0.9834471 multiplied 8 times equals 0.875). A related value is the Loss of Heterozygosity. This is simply 100 minus the rate of inbreeding. It is a measure of how much heterozygosity is lost, per generation.
Detect circularities (self-parenting) in the ancestors. A circularity is when an individual appears within its own ancestors. An impossibility in nature, but quite possible in a pedigree program. Here's a sample circularity report:
Circularity detected in ancestors at G14-18: Arripay Bigfoot -> Mylady Kazoo -> Ch. Arripay Handsome JW -> Am. & UK Ch. Arripay Sunshine JW -> Arripay Bigfoot
In this case the report is saying that Arripay Bigfoot is descended from itself - with the other ancestors that make up the 'loop' given. It gives you the information you need to fix these errors in your data.
Produce a report listing the common ancestors of any animal.
Analyse ancestors to see the contribution to the COI resulting from any single common ancestor.
Tag the common ancestors of an animal to a chosen number of generations.
Comprehensive Cat Genetics
Comprehensive Dog Genetics
Polygenic Inheritance Modelling
Gene Inheritance Probabilities
Genetic Configuration Files
Gene Frequency Analysis
* Mating certificates are not supported by all versions of BA. Click here for details.
|Open Data Access|
|Real Cool Stuff|
|Show Entry Forms|
|For Sheep, Cattle & Goats|
|For Rabbits, Rats, Cavies & Hamsters|
|Link To Us|
|Canine Genetics Software|
|Feline Genetics Software|
Tenset Tech. Ltd
All Rights Reserved