Breeders Assistant for Cats has a number of features specifically tailored to the needs of cat breeders.
- Breeders Assistant understands about recognized GCCF breeds and colours, including the newer GEMS codes. It has a complete list of GCCF GEMS codes, most recently updated in 2021.
- It knows about GCCF titles and show awards.
- It can print GCCF compliant mating certificates.
- It can automatically fill in the breed/colour details for a cat. You just need to key in the GCCF GEMS code and it can look up the rest from its inbuilt breed/colour list.
- If you have an older database that has old-style GCCF breed numbers, as of BA version 6 you can now have these updated in bulk. See video
- Breeders Assistant knows about recognized CFA breeds and colors, including breed numbers.
- It includes names of the recognized CFA titles.
- It includes auto-detection of sex and breed from CFA registration numbers.
- Breeders Assistant can automatically fill in the breed/color details for a cat simply by keying in CFA breed number and it can look up the rest from its inbuilt breed/color list.
- Breeders Assistant knows about TICA breeds including TICA category and division fields.
- It includes a list of recognized TICA titles.
- It can automatically detect the date of birth of a cat from its TICA registration number.
Other FIFe affiliated registries
- Breeders Assistant knows about FIFe breeds, including EMS codes.
- It has a built in list of FIFe titles and show awards.
- Breeders Assistant can automatically fill in the breed/color details for a cat - just key in the EMS code and it can look up the rest from its inbuilt breed/color list.
Feline Color Genetics
- It understands the inheritance and color phenotypes for most of the understood breed/color genes: Longhair, Devon Rex, Cornish Rex, Oregon Rex, Selkirk Rex, Wirehair, Agouti, Mackerel/Blotched Tabby, Ticked Tabby, Spotted Tabby, Albino, Chocolate, Blue Dilution, Dilute Blue Modifier, Inhibitor of Melanin, Rufous, Wideband, Red, White Spotting, Dominant White, Manx, Manx Tail Length, Curled Ears, Japanese Bobtail, Folded Ears, Glitter(Bengal).
- It is supplied with gene configurations for over thirty breeds: Abyssinian, American Curl, American Shorthair, American Wirehair, Angora, Balinese and Javanese, Bengal, Birman, Bombay and Asian, British Shorthair, Burmese, Burmilla, Colourpoint, Cornish Rex, Devon Rex, Egyptian Mau, Foreign White, Havana Brown, Japanese Bobtail, Maine Coon, Manx and Cymric, Norwegian Forest Cat, Oriental Longhair, Oriental Shorthair, Persian, Ragdoll, Scottish Fold, Selkirk Rex, Siamese, Siberian, Singapura, Somali, Sphynx, Tiffanie, Tonkinese and Turkish Van. In addition a 'generic configuration' is supplied that includes all the above color genes and can be used for other breeds not specifically covered.
- The gene configurations for the different breeds are built into the product, and are normally fixed. However, if it is required to customize a gene configuration it is possible to purchase a separate 'user modifiable' form of the configuration that is supplied as a text file, which defines the genes, alleles, and rules governing their interactions (e.g., which genotypes give rise to particular phenotypes such as coat colors).
It is possible to incorporate predictions of coat color into documents such as trial mating pedigrees and mating certificates1.
1. Requires that a valid gene configuration has been configured, and that color genotypes are entered for the sire and dam.